Monday, May 28, 2012

CELEBRATE A CASH FLOW

Thanks to Trippy I got lots of pics for today's MEMORIAL DAY PARADE (scroll down, you'll see). Veterans and some of their groups were there. You had LYNN ENGLISH JROTC, CUB SCOUTS, and I even saw SWAMPSCOTT BAND represented. Of course, you can't have a parade where the politicians don't show up.

I am sure I missed a few but I am old and my memory ain't so good. I do remember seeing MAYOR KENNEDY, COUNCIL PRESIDENT PHELAN, COUNCILMAN DAN CAHILL, COUNCILMAN PETE CAPANO, and COUNCILMAN HONG NET. The LSC was represented by MARIA CARRASCO and CHARLIE GALLO.

The fact that it was MEMORIAL DAY is symbolic of what I want to talk about and that is the CITY ought to be in the business of making memories. There is money in celebrating, being POSITIVE PAYS. Trickle down and ring it up.

We are a city of many differences and many opportunities for an expression of those differences. With differences there is energy, things flow from hot to cold. If everything is the same, you have no movement, no energy. A static result.

So the trick, the ECONOMIC MAGIC  comes from harnessing that energy. We need to make some memories to make some money. FESTIVALS and FINANCE kind of roll of the tongue together. I may be poor but I never said there's no money in poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment