Friday, June 1, 2012

RESIGNED TO RESIGNING, NO PRESSURE


June 1, 2012



Dear Honorable Mayor Judith Flanagan Kennedy,

As I am sure you are aware, my term on the LYNN DISABITY COMMISSION is about to expire. For the past year I have had both the pleasure and the honor to serve as Chairman. Your support has been invaluable and unwavering.

We have accomplished a lot with the updating of the city’s ADA policy, getting improved signage, starting a recognition program for individuals who serve as role models for the disabled community, advocating for the school department to successfully install a TTY device at the Parent Information Center, and some other important advances.

Your call for auditing all city facilities to identify ADA compliance is an important and exciting task. However, due to my ongoing efforts to point out problems throughout the city, I feel that there is becoming too much of a problematic conflict between my need to be journalistically objective and my need to show you the loyalty you deserve.

So it is with heavy heart, I am respectfully suggesting that my name be removed from consideration for the renewal of my appointment to the commission. Thank you.


Sincerely,


Stanley H. Wotring, Jr.
Chairman, Lynn Disability Commission 

No comments:

Post a Comment