Sunday, March 18, 2012

A DISTURBING PATTERN?

At least our city officials are consistent. You may remember how I chastised city officials for not being represented at the LYNN COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION'S Youth event. At least there three LSC members were in attendance. For the rest of our city government, no representation so there could be no education on the concerns, the issues.

It turns out from what I hear from event organizer, STEWART LAURA MITCHELL, no city official attended the LYNN SHELTER ASSOCIATION'S benefit at the LYNN AUDITORIUM on Friday night. NOT ONE.
Most didn't even respond to personal e-mailed invitations. Our MAYOR who did managed to participate in a staged wrestling match was noticeably absent despite earlier confirming her intentions.

Well maybe this is a busy time of the year, this was a worthy cause and I'm sure they all bought tickets. Well wait a minute, a quick look at the order form and nobody's name pops up. No tickets, no donations. I am sure everyone's check is in the mail. Isn't that how this stuff works? Once I hear of this revised list, I'll be sure to point out all of the additions.

I know the mail can be slow sometimes, natural disasters and all. Maybe the power going out in NAHANT had something to do with it. I'd hate to think that this lack of attendance to these two events has anything to do with the likelihood of receiving votes. This could be a miscalculation of support.

Excuse me while I paraphrase here, somebody once said, "WHAT YOU DO FOR THE LEAST OF MY BROTHER, YOU DO FOR ME!".

No comments:

Post a Comment