Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A TECHNICAL MATTER

Just came from the LYNN CITY COUNCIL meeting. Seems like the only deviation from the boring norm was when COUNCILMAN PETE CAPANO voted PRESENT instead of the standard YES on a vote to ratify the MAYOR'S appointments to the LYNN CULTURAL COMMISSION.

I always thought that meant you weren't taking a position one way or the other on an issue. However when it came time to tally the role on a vote , CITY CLERK MARY AUDLEY counted it as an AFFIRMATIVE, final total 11 yes 0 no.

Once again, not a word about the schools even though there is a drama playing on the NATIONAL stage. I guess they think if they close their eyes, no one will see.

2 comments:

  1. His daughter Dena Capano was on the list. It would have been a conflict of interest for him to vote. He made the correct vote. The clerk should have said 10 yes, 1 present, 0 no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, I know Pete to be a stand-up guy. I thought I wasn't wrong.

      Delete